Commercial Water Damage
We happily serve clients in Manhattan NYC, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut & Upstate New York.
When water invades your business, call (866) 514-1105 for a response from our faster to any disaster team.
How much difference is there between residential water damage clean-up protocols and commercial jobs? As different as Manhattan’s population (8,537,673 as of July 2016) and that of Cold Spring, home to around 2,000 residents according to the 2010 U.S. Census.
At BEST NEW YORK, we understand the subtleties of restoring buildings to health and our methods for dealing with these jobs–when compared to residential sites we service–is as different as night and day.
You need us to be more than just prompt when your business property is in jeopardy–not just because it represents a huge financial investment, but because it takes special training to return a commercial building to health.
For example, residential carpet is usually held in place by tack strips atop padding while carpeting in commercial spaces is likely glued to the floor. Sound like a subtle difference? It is–but you can’t take a chance on hiring a cleanup team that responds to residential catastrophes only.
Further, fire walls, computer systems and industrial furnishings found at industrial and business sites demand unique sanitization methods, understood only by professionals trained to handle industrial and large-site water damage challenges. Say the word “commercial” when you call 866-514-1105 and BEST NEW YORK is on the job fast.
Our commercial equipment is designed to for company, office, building or institution cleanup jobs. From sophisticated moisture meters to massive drying and dehumidifying equipment designed for commercial use, we know that clean-up is the least of your worries if, for example, water floods a residential building where tenants have the right to bring legal action if they become sick due to ineffectual clean-up protocols.
You have a lot at risk. We appreciate that and want you to know that you can count on our expertise.
Our commercial water damage protocols follow FEMA recommendations
1. Honoring our faster to any disaster commitment, our 24/7 emergency response company uses special testing equipment to determine the toxicity of the water infiltrating commercial property. We are prompt, prepared and we don’t cut corners because the health of everyone working in a building depends on our ability to be thorough.
2. Floodwaters may contain everything from bacteria and soil to oil and heavy metals. Once we assess the mix of contaminants, we bring in industrial water removal equipment followed by drying and dehumidifying machines designed to handle big jobs like office buildings in need of being restored to a healthy clean environment.
3. Once water removal and drying are complete, we address the issues of wet electrical and mechanical systems, consulting with building owners and managers to arrive at a game plan that pairs restoration of salvageable installations with the removal of infrastructure that must be addressed by electricians, plumbers and specialists.
4. If your commercial building has been around since Fiorello H. La Guardia was sworn in as New York City’s mayor in 1934, you may need a full accounting of toxic building materials unearthed by flood waters. Our commercial inspections could unearth remnants of asbestos or lead paint; our team is trained to look for toxic materials.
5. Throughout the process, we conduct safety checks. Even if water is confined to floor surfaces only, we may recommend removing at least 12-inches of drywall and/or paneling abutting the floor (plus decorative trim) that can hide water intrusion into porous drywall. At every step, we undertake documentation to back up our findings.
6. We address the issue of mold growth. Even when it appears that the water extraction and drying have been thorough, mold may still lurk. We recommend environmentally friendly mold remediation agents that retard and stop the spread of mold. Additionally, we remove tell-tale odor via our comprehensive deodorization program.
7. Having taken the aforementioned steps to restore a commercial building to its pre-flood state, we conduct a final inspection that runs the gamut from structural to air purification checks and submit a written report on measures taken to restore the building. We don’t leave until we urge customers to call us at 866-514-1105 with any questions or concerns that may arise down the road.