We happily serve clients in Manhattan NYC, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut & Upstate New York.
The water may be gone, but mold can linger. Call (866) 514-1105 to resolve this problem immediately!
Is mold as dangerous as asbestos? According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, it can be if there’s enough build-up and the development of mold spores is allowed to continue. If you live in the vicinity of Ft. Tilden Beach, Jacob Riis Park Beach or the iconic Jones Beach, you know that humidity and condensation are a fact of life. But you don’t have to live beach side to understand consequences of mold following of flooding.
If not eradicated, mold build-up isn’t just a pesky problem. It can compromise your family’s health, triggering skin rashes, respiratory diseases, eye sensitivity plus allergies and sensitivities. For people with compromised immune systems, exposure to mold exacerbates health concerns, which is why we take mold-removal jobs seriously, wearing protective gear each time we return residential or commercial property to a healthy, sanitary state.
Rely upon BEST NEW YORK RESTORATION to tackle your mold issues
BEST NEW YORK technicians know a thing or two about mold removal. We follow guidelines established by the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA), American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Are we obsessive? Yes. Because your family’s health depends upon our thoroughness. Want to know more about our certifications and credentials in this area? Call 866-514-1105 and ask about our mold cleanup expertise if the following list of steps we take to treat mold invasions don’t satisfy you:
1. Your call to 866-514-1105 starts a response chain that has given us the reputation for being the “faster to any disaster” dudes.
2. We don protective clothing and equipment to inspect your property so we can safely peek into every crevice.
3. We assess your mold problem and formulate a plan tailored for your property plus a cleanup cost estimate.
4. We point out mold-affected areas that can’t be salvaged, cleaned and dried.
5. We remove standing water triggering mold build-up.
6. If carpeting is impacted, it may have to be removed.
7. We use advanced drying methods and equipment to tackle condensation and moisture. This could take up to 48 hours if your structure is heavily impacted because air flow is the first defense against heavy mold intrusion.
8. The application of environmentally friendly mold remediation products retards future mold growth.
9. Your structure may require odor-removal agents to complete deodorization and sanitation processes.
10. We make a final air purification check and encourage you to call us at 866-514-1105 if you have more questions after we leave.
Is Mildew as bad as mold?
Confused about the ugly soil that’s accumulated within your window frames or “decorating” your bathroom caulking? You’re not alone. Molds are microscopic fungi that don’t discriminate: they’re as happy to grow on your basement wall as they are to settle into the old loaf of bread you forgot to throw out. It doesn’t help to know that scientists have classified over 1,000 types of mold and mildew in the U.S. alone!
Truth is, mildew is a close relative of mold, distinguished only by color: Mildew is white, which is why it can hide in plain sight. Mold colors range from green and blue to black and red, and while you probably don’t want to get up close and personal with either, our mold clean-up experts can differentiate each by smell, which is one of the reasons you need experts, not novices, dealing with your fungus infestations.